Wear Characteristics and Maintenance Tips: Filter Tips
- A dirty air filter not only causes loss of engine power, but also increases fuel consumption.
- Clogged air filters cause incomplete combustion and heavy carbon deposits on valves and pistons.
- Overcleaning air filters may cause unnecessary damage to the element.
- Undercleaning air filters robs the engine of the required amount of intake air.
- Never clean a secondary air filter. When it is dirty, replace it with a new one.
- In severe operating conditions, the secondary air filter should be replaced more often.
- If dust is found on the clean side of the secondary air filter, the point of the leakage must be found and corrected before installing new filters.
- Fill the machine’s fuel tank at the end of each working day to reduce condensation and moisture build-up in the fuel system.